- Multiple gas inlets and outlets with stainless steel ball valves. Flow meter to control inbound and outbound gas flows. Outlets can be ignited to burn off gas.
- Furnace chamber is welded and oil leak tested to ensure air tightness. Furnace door is sealed with high temperature silicon gasket.
- Built-in stainless steel water-cooling panel protects door sealing gasket when furnace is under heavy use.
- Microprocessor based self-tuning PID control provides optimum thermal process with minimal overshoot.
- Multiple atmosphere processes in a single cycle are possible (ex: binder burn out in air and parts sintering under rough vacuum or inert gas environment.)
- Built-in ammeter and dual voltmeters for easy monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Built-in computer interface.
- CE compliant
- Overheat protection shuts down the furnace if temperature is outside of acceptable range (refer to controller’s manual) or when the thermocouple is broken or malfunctions.
- Power failure protection resumes furnace operation right after the point of failure when power is reestablished.
* Ultimate vacuum level for GCF furnaces is around 100 Pa with all flange connections, and 1000 Pa with hose barb connections. Please keep in mind that our GCF atmosphere furnaces are NOT designed to be vacuum furnaces, the vacuuming part is mainly for users to pre-vac the chamber, before putting in inert or other protective gases.
|Electrical requirements||208-240V, 50/60Hz, single phase|
|Heating element type||Molybdenum silicide (MoSi2, diameter 7mm)|
|Temperature control|| Controller: Shimaden fp93 (Japan) with 4 patterns and 40 segments (ie. 4 x 10 segments or 2 x 20 segments).|
Maximum heating rate: 15°C per minute
Minimum temperature: 300°C (recommend at least 800°C for longer heating element life)
Maximum/constant temperatures: 1700°C/1600°C (Depends on gas environment)
|Furnace cavity||Mitsubishi (Japan) high quality grade 1800 morgan polycrystalline alumina fiber|
|Inlet/outlet||1/4″ hose barb with 1/4″ BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread)|
|Positive pressure||Not to exceed 0.02 MPa / 150 torr / 3 psi|
|Compliance|| ETL tested to UL and CSA standards (optional), CE|
| Air, Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), Carbon Dioxide (CO2)||1700°C|
| Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar)||1650°C|
|Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)||1600°C|
| Nitrogen (N2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Hydrogen (H2) up to 5%||1500°C|
|Nominal vs usable chamber size (DxWxH)||6x6x6″/4x5x5.5″||12x8x8″/10x7x7.5″||16x12x12″/14x11x11.5″|
|Chamber capacity (cu ft)||0.13||0.44||1.33|
|Installed heating element / power||4 / 3 kW||8 / 7 kW||10 / 13 kW|
|Unit/shipping dimensions (DxWxH)||30x24x45″/33x30x51″||31x26x50″/37x31x55″||34x29x60″/40x36x70″|
|Unit/shipping weight (Lb)||430/510||620/720||880/1050|
How to Program Across International Furnaces
|Part description|| |
|GCF1700 controlled atmosphere furnace||1 pc|
|Type B thermocouple||1 pc|
|Door and cushion block||2 pcs|
|Stainless steel tongs||1 pc|
|Spare heating element||2 pcs|
|Thermal gloves||1 pair|
|Spare fuse||2 pcs|
|USB/RS485 computer interface kit||1 set|
|Water pump||1 pc|
|Furnace operation manual||1 pc|
|Shimaden fp93 temperature controller manual & software||1 pc|